Saturday, June 30, 2007

My dreams (late 1999)

I used to dream of my future
As a bright and beautiful picture
In which I was the pivot
Around which the world turned

I was a big strong super hero
Like the various “man”s of comics
But as time passed and I grew up,
I had to face the truth!

I was only an ordinary man
Whose future looked gloomy
I sit in this class to graduate
Not sure why I should

I stare endlessly at the black board
And then my note and then at my teacher
Who utters many words
Hoping that I would learn

But I feel deserted in this class
Filled with boys and girls
I couldn’t see anybody there
As I droop down half asleep

My teacher’s words I did hear
But like the sound of waves,
They ended in my ears
Not making it up any further

As time passes by,
The sounds turn freaky
They start irritating me
And I turned to something else

Then all of a sudden,
I hear a bell ring loud
All the lads thanking God
For saving their precious lives

Now I wish I had a mask
As the one
Stanley got
So that I could change the world
Along with myself and be happy

I think I am going insane
For I know that there’s nothing
As a magical mask
In this world or the other

But still I dream of this mask
That would hide my face
And get me some fame
And a line of blondes after me

Maybe I am asking too much,
But it doesn’t really matter
There’s no stopping my dreams
For I am an ordinary man!

3 comments:

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Dear Vj, please know that I have you to my blog link and will read your work. I see that you too have been ill.
This poem is so sad and lonely. It tells me much about you. Don't give up on your writing. I like your poem but wish you would find direction. Your imagery is great I too am a dreamer and have hidden behind a mask most of my life.
The more I write, the free'er I become.
Please stop by and post. Even if it is a chat. Keep up the good work and remember the more Biogs you visit and comment on, they in turn will come to you. Keep smiling.


love-bd

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

We all are ordinary, every last one of us. And that's not so bad!

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Hello VJ, I hope you read this. I have missed the moodiness of your poems. I do hope you come back to writing.

love-bd