Friday, July 11, 2014

Lessons of life #1288765

Wow! Life has taught me so many lessons. Look at the serial number of this one. Now, this lesson is about love. If you love something/someone dearly, just hold on till the end. And when I say "end", I mean the very end. Not until the whistle blows, but until the post-match analysis is over and the fans start ranting about the win/loss on facebook and twitter.

On Jun 29 night (or 30th morning based on your time zone), I made the biggest mistake of my life! Well the biggest mistake after the previous biggest mistake of buying a pair of shoes online. The mistake this time was that I switched off the TV at 72 minutes! Regardless of how boring a game is, I have never really turned off the TV before the final whistle. I did this time, not because the Netherlands was losing, but because they never looked like winning. I was so disappointed with their gameplay. But because of that, I missed the late drama. So as Sneijder launched that rocket, I was sleeping with a heavy heart mourning the loss of my favorite team. As Huntelaar drove the ball past Ochoa, I was sleeping with a heavy heart mourning the loss of my …. Wait, I already said that, right? So lesson learnt well. If you love something/someone dearly, hold on till the end. The very end!

By the way, will Netherlands consider including Robben for their swimming team?

No comments: